Who I am I kidding I am not at all sad to say goodbye to 2018. Yes, it was a year of many milestones, such as continuing to launch the book and creating an online summit, not to mention getting my BG levels under control.
But that doesn’t mean I was running around with a 24/7 grin on my face.
It’s been a year of tightening the reins, learning to say no, reaching out for help even when I was ashamed too, accepting that situations aren’t always how one imagines and giving myself a break.
And I know I haven’t been the only one plowing through in 2018. Most everyone I’ve spoken to says it’s been a tough one. Tough externally and internally.
Luckily I have a gratitude practice. I’ve learned to focus on what’s working and to acknowledge that. Gratitude for me can be as simple as an internal thank you when something goes my way, engaging in a creative endeavor like writing, painting or singing or landing on my mat so I can let go and feel all the feels.
Gratitude is also about acknowledging the individuals and support groups that truly make my day and remind me that even though sometimes it feels like things are just too tough to bear, there are others just like me facing this condition with courage and tenacity.
Together we rise!
So as I bid farewell to 2018 here are some lessons learned
- When in doubt reach out. People are ready and willing to help
- Find out what people want before you create it
- Do what you do best
- Living simply is a blessing
- It’s okay to rest
- If you can’t give materially give of yourself
- Learn to listen
- Reuse, recycle, waste nothing
- Tell your friends you are grateful for their friendship often
- Be in Nature
- Cry when you need to and make sure you get in some good belly laughter too
- When things feel overwhelming do one task that you know will yield results
- Eat well and sleep well
- Turn a hobby into a skill that you can use to serve others
- Seed an idea without expectation
- Develop a physical or mental focusing practice that you can repeat daily to bring a sense of meaning and purpose to your life
Wishing everyone a wonderful and blessed 2019
with great respect…
Happy New Year Rachel !!!